M35A2 Oil Pressure Gauge Question

From: Eric K Davis (ekd@dolio.net)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 12:09:44 PST

My oil pressure gauge isn't working correctly. One question is when the
ignition switch is turned on does the gauge stay at zero or shoot to the
max position. My goes to the max position and stays there (so does the
fuel level gauge). I believe the oil pressure sending unit is good, and
I know there is oil pressure. I have checked for shorts and 24VDC at the
gauge and all checks out. Has anyone had experience with these gauges to
offer hints at what may be wrong or where to look??

Thanks,
Eric
M35A2