Re: [MV] Fw: Some HMVs on film, but....

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 13:28:41 PST

Many thanks to Jim and Sonny for translation stabs and to A.P. , Gene and
Steve for possible media changers.
    Going by what the translations indicate and by looking up a timeline at
http://www.qt.org/worldwar/timeline/
    it appears two of the three films are from the period of after May 10,
1940 "German Army invades France, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands"
and before May 15 1940 "Miracle at Dunkirk" and before Jan. 22, 1941
"British take Tobruk in North Africa from Nazis".
    These then would be original Reich films of 'Propaganda'. As such I
don't think I should try to play them for sheets and grins because they may
be the only (I know, very improbable) copies in existence. I have the
technology (a projector) and could therefore destroy them while 'just'
trying to view them. Gotta admit though, it's kinda a weird feeling having
something in my possession that just might be the only copies in the world
and may not have seen a silver screen for 40 years or so except for the few
frames we saw 25 years ago.
    So I think I'd better give the folks in Bucksport a call... I think I
owe that to you guys.

    Ronzo