Re: [MV] M35A2 Question

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 05:28:38 PST

Well, no there isn't a hole. What the PTO does have is a cover just like the
one that covers to hole in the trans when there is no PTO. You can remove that
and reach inside and rock the gear back and forth. I install the PTO
completely and check to see it there is enough clearance for this to rock back &
forth. Usually takes a try or two to get some clearance. Standard small 6 bolt PTO
openings are the same and gaskets are available from a truck supply place.
Different thicknesses are available. Although I don't have an exact measurement
for required clearance, this method has never failed me.
Kenny