Re: [MV] M35A2 Winch Question

From: John Souza (John.Souza@ci.fresno.ca.us)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 06:37:46 PST

Eric,

Make sure the shifter is out of gear. That shifter shaft that shifts
the winch fork is a poor design. It is necked down to allow a set screw
to hold the shaft in. I have seen almost every shaft twisted (on a
winch that has been used) so that the detent (ball with spring) on the
handle doesn't engage in the plate on the rear of the winch. I think
the handle is way too big for the shaft. Then when the handle gets
stuck people must hit the handle with something and the shaft starts to
twist.

John Souza
MVPA #2697
Fresno, CA

Recovry4x4@aol.com wrote:
> Stupid question. Is the drum lock disengaged?

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

Yea, in fact I had someone hold it out as far as possible when I tried

to unspool the cable, it still hit some stop. May just be stuck with
removing the winch and checking out the guts.

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>