Re: [MV] Solvent question

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 20:15:22 PST

CLEAR PVC CLEANER

I run pvc pipe a lot and primer and cleaner are a must. I have found the
clear cleaner works great for removing almost anything from almost anything.
I use it to clean the film from my windshields on my deuce after a little
touch up paint.

I once used it to clean the metallic blue paint from a M35 German combat
police helmet. Somebody had painted the helmet to match something, probably
a bike. The cleaner dissolved the cheap spray paint but didn't damage the
original green paint underneath. The pvc cleaner I use will is probably
just acetone, but I don't know for sure. I keep a can on my truck. I used
it to remove over spray from a spray can and it didn't affect the factory
paint of my trackhoe boom at all.

Just one more for the list,
Joe Trapp