Todays WW2 discoveries

From: Nigel Hay -MILWEB (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 07:15:03 PST

On a bitterly cold day today with sleet and snow I was trampimg around Haut
Perrier, Normandy trying to locate a specific farm which was one of the key
objectives during the fight for the Perrier Ridge in Aug 1944.

First I found a piece of Sherman track, rubber pad still pretty good - then
about 20 feet away a rather battered but nice British 75mm shell case - I
wonder if a Sherman had been knocked out up this track?. Both finds lay
where they was cast away ( or perhaps blown away) for 60 years...

Cheers, NH