Re: [MV] spot weld drills

From: Buzz (buzz@softcom.net)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 12:05:27 PST

I like the hole cutter type:
http://www.premiertools.co.uk/usrimage/cutter.jpg
You have to make a DEEP center punch to engage the spring loaded pin, then start slow and adjust
your drill, front to back, side to side, to cut even. Once you've got the circle started you can
add a drop of cutting oil then bear down on the drill, but slower is better. When you see a little
puff of rust then you are through the top sheet metal. Used properly one cutter should last for a
lot of cuts.

Regards,

Buzz