Towing a M1009

From: Mike Maynard (mike@wesleyscott.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 14:33:50 PST

So here is a question. I may have to tow an M1009 over a distance that
takes about 6 hours to drive. Would said distance be a problem to tow with
a tow bar? I don't have a trailer that I can use to do this. Obviously I
know that the transfer should be in neutral or the drive shafts should be
pulled. I also know that if you yank the rear shaft, you lose tranny fluid
out of the back of the transfer case.

Also, what dimensions are the shackle points on the front of the M1009. I
assume this is where the mil towbar attaches, and would like to make mine
fit it.

Questions, comments, concerns welcome....

Mike