Re: [MV] 9 ton civilian trailers for sale

From: Vadim Kogan (vadim@XCF.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 09:28:06 PST

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 08:34:00AM -0800, Rick v100 wrote:
> Either change the light bulbs or place a resistor
> inline to step the voltage down to 12v

Doesn't help you handle the electric brakes.

Yes, you could change the bulbs, but that means you can't tow it with
anything else, but an MV afterwards (e.g. a dump truck). This may be an
acceptable solution for some people, though.

The setup I've described elsewhere was actually designed to allow the
trailer to be as versatile as possible. On top of the military setup, there
is also a setup for the civilian vehicle (the above-mentioned dump truck).
Originally, it was towed with a rented dump truck, since there was no 5ton
ready to use and my HMMWV's engine sucks and can't pull 10 tons uphill. The
former is now available, but a 5 yard dump truck is a good backup. And
hopefully I'll get the latter fixed later this year as well (I have the new
engine/tranny sitting in the crates, but missing a few pieces and time).

Vadim.