Re: [MV] shop secutiry

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 21:16:00 PST

I don't know about your problem, but we have crackheads here.

1. surveillance cameras with microphones, both visible and hidden

2. vicious armed redneck tennant (from Kansas, wants to 'bag one')

3. spotlights illuminate items; car, truck, trailer, shop door..
Roaches don't like the light.

4. established reputation for going outside on very short notice
and violently confronting trespassing criminals with use or
threat of use of deadly force (generally firearms; I don't play
fair.) at all hours especially including 3:30 AM.

5. keep them down by calling police when any one of them is
spotted carrying a gunny sack or a probably stolen item down the
street. Common M.O. is for the crackhead to push a baby stroller.
It is used to ferry stolen items. (hey mister, why does your baby
look like a window air conditioner?)

6. reputation for hearing and seeing everything, even at night.
(bad juju)

7. shop door barred by 4" "C" channel.

basically they mostly leave me alone and when they do pass by,
they try to be inert. It's not my job to die protecting my
property. it's my job to make the other poor bast*rd die stealing
it.

My philosophy is to create the appearance that it is impossible
to steal from me and very dangerous to try. It took a couple
years to work that up.

I also have a great relationship with the police. We have a
neighborhood watch group starting up, and we will take the hood
back from the hood rats.

Since you are in a rural area, have you considered wiring an old
bobcat or other big lawn tractor for remote control and using it
as an attack robot? It would be like a video game. you hear a
noise, you get up and go to the control console, put on the
headset, fire her up and go to town! Actually, a big old combine
would make a great attack robot! My uncle chased me with one once.

BTW the M105 trailer is parked in the street its first night
home. I'll be watching and listening.. How many crackheads does
it take to steal an M105?

well that's enough radical ranting for me.

PJ