Re: [MV] need advice on brakes of M105 trailer

From: Bill Kealey (cwkealey@atlanticbb.net)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2005 - 15:50:45 PST

Patrick,
Reading the other posts I have learned some things so glad you sent this on.

My M105A2's hoses DO crisscross. I made the mistake of believing that they
were not to be criss crossed and the wheels locked up. The ground was wet
and it wasn't until I was on the paved road that I realized that the tires
were not turning. Nicely spaced plowing job in the yard. My gladhands are
painted red, yellow and blue with the fourth unpainted. Also, when my
trailer sits for a few months the brakes usually are stuck and will not let
the wheels turn. I have successfully backed up and gone foreward just a few
inches and repeating the process a few times to free up the brakes.

Hope you get it straight soon.

Bill Kealey

1982 Honda GL500Interstate
1954 USMC M38A1 jeep
1972 USA M35A2 2-1/2 Ton " AM Gen" 6X6 Truck w/winch
1985 USAF M105A2 1-1/2 ton "Turtle" Trailer
1972 USA M35A2 AM Genersl 6X6 2-1.2 ton truck w/winch
1985 USAF M105A2 Turtle 1-1/2 ton trailer