CUCV Electronics (Continued)

From: Chris Brunner (cjbrunner@optonline.net)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 12:37:58 PST

So now that the truck runs, I'm off to finish everything else. I had to
install a new harness inside the cab (thank you military for "borrowing"
mine). I don't see voltage at all the fuses at the fuse panel. Is
there some special wiring behind the fuse block to keep things on
different circuits or could I just have a bad fuse buss and should
jumper around it? I checked the bulkhead connection and all is well
there, I get 12v power at some points, but not all of them (specifically
the lighting fuses are not live, but the ignition and heater circuits
are live - don't know if that makes a difference somewhere or if there
is a relay on the lighting). Any help appreciated.

Also, when the engine cranks the starter sounds fine, but when the
engine catches it sounds like the starter might be grinding a touch,
should I check the shimming or is this a normal noise for a 24v starter?

Chris