Re: [MV] Hunter Heat Exchangers

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 20:58:52 PST

I don't know what size you are looking for, but window air conditioners have two
fluid to air heat exchangers each. After removing the Freon (responsibly), a
broken AC can be disassembled. The tubing inside will have to be cleaned of
oil... try pumping Tide through it. They are nicely made, and the older ones (at
least) have tubing made of copper.

Often they can be had for nothing on the curb on trash day.

-John