RE: [MV] insurance recommendations?

From: machinehop5@hotmail.com
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 07:17:47 PST

Two words.. Farm Truck

-----Original Message-----
Wrom: MKHJYFMYXOEAIJJPHSCRTNHGSWZIDREXCAXZOWCONEUQZAAFXISHJEXXIMQZUIVOTQNQE
Of Dave Sofio
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 2:14 AM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: [MV] insurance recommendations?

I'm fighting an expensive uphill battle to insure my M51 dump. My
actual use of the truck is extremely rare, but still, I've gotta have
coverage for those rare occasions, since I can easily imagine s__t
happening, what with up to 10 tons of soil in transit. State Farm
usually seems to accommodate me on oddball stuff like this, but not this
time; they first said they were going to charge a lot more than my
agent had initially indicated, and later decided they didn't want to
cover it at all. My agent is in the process of handing me off to
someone he knows in another branch of the biz, but the indication is
that it'll be more $$$...and likely much more.

I broached the possibility of getting insurance as a collector classic
(though I made no pretense of my use of this truck as such) since my
level of use might reasonably be compared with that of someone who has
an occasional-weekender road-going classic...but he says they can't put
a dump truck into that category to begin with.

I'm in Hawaii, where "no fault" insurance is mandatory, so not all
insurance companies will write policies for us...(and it's been that way
for so long I am not sure even how that differs from most other states.)

Anyone have any excellent insurance suggestions for me?

Aloha,

Dave