Re: [MV] 12v M38A1

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 11:40:07 PST

Chris,
   Lets play devils advocate here...
 You bought it and since it's yours, you have the right to do anything you
want to it. Morally though.....

If you want to REBUILD an M38A1 from the ground up, but want to change it
into something it never was, why not restore a CJ5 instead and paint it OD
and sell the M38A1 to some one who wants to restore an HMV?
    You want to change to 12VDC for what purpose? Reliability? Cheaper
parts? Because the right parts for the 24VDC restoration are too expensive
or too hard to find?
    If you want to convert to 12VDC, you don't want an M38A1 wiring diagram,
but a CJ5 diagram. Try your local PEP Boys, Auto Zone or auto supply or CJ
Whitney for books on civilian jeeps.
        While you are at it, might as well pull the 4 banger and put in a V6
for more power, and super swampers for better traction and flotation.
Diamond plate steel all the outside sheet metal to make the outside
stronger, and put in M35 axles for more ground clearance. Add Recaro racing
seats for more comfort? Lift kits? Air horns? 8 Track?
    Then make sure you tell every one it's a restored and 'improved', for
reliability purposes you understand, real, honest ta gawd army jeep......