(MV)12 volt M38a1

From: L51940@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 12:25:30 PST

Let's give Chris a break. If he's been lurking for any length of time on this list, he has seen chopped, missing an axle deuce monster mudder trucks, Cat powered deuces, M37s with 2.5 ton axles, fake Tiger tanks, etc. All he wants to do is change the voltage.

Of course, I don't like any of the above... okay, maybe the fake Tiger tank but that's not the point. I remember the many threads about making the deuce faster, quieter, stop quicker ad nauseum. Half the charm of these old trucks is the slowness, the lousy ride, the sound, the wind in your hair with the top on and the windows up, the complete lack of creature comforts.

I'm constantly amazed that a 56 year old design is still being used in a combat zone. Look at how many vehicles have been designed, built and tested to "replace the deuce". The recent thread on the Chrysler 8 wheel drive truck was one of those.

Someone on our list once said that the M35a2 was designed to do a lot of things okay, the proverbial jack of all trades. I like that alot.

So to Chris, you should probably leave that Jeep 24 volts or risk a beating. At least a verbal one.

Dave McConnell