Re: [MV] Stamping a data plate

From: Santoken (santoken@bright.net)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 20:45:52 PST

Oh, C'mon, don't sell yourself so short :)

I've never tried this before, but I think it would work:

Grab your plate, some vice-grips, c-clamps, etc. and head off to a work
bench. Drop the plate on the bench, then grab a block of wood, angle
iron, whatever and use the clamps to clamp it all to the bench, using
the block/angle as a straight line for the stamps. Now, we have the
baseline for the stamps to all be level....

Then, grab some masking tape, and tape above where you want to stamp.
Then grab a 'sharpie' and put your layout marks for proper spacing.

That should work great, I'd think.

Kent