Re: [MV] Question on installing a DWF Exhaust on M998

From: Vadim Kogan (vadim@XCF.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 00:35:10 PST

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 04:37:41PM -0500, Pfarrp@aol.com wrote:

> Finally got around to installing the DWF Exhaust stack on one of my M998
> 4-door soft tops..Ran into a problem with one of the cargo area top
> attachments interfering with the installation..it hits the stack
> protective grid and wont allow the stack mount to sit tight against the
> body...My gut feeling is to cut a section of the grid away to allow for
> the attaching buckle to be used..I assume others here have run into the
> same problem..How did you overcome this obsticle..

Ignore it :-) Just push in the grid a bit. It'll be tight and you're going
to have problems putting the cargo cover strap there, but it's minor and not
particularly important. But then the cargo cover interferes with other
things as well (e.g. antennas on regular mounts). Besides, you appear to
have a dremmel obsession, I believe there are special doctors for that :-P.

Vadim.