6TMF and 6TLFP and AMG

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 07:02:01 PST

And don't forget the AMG. Comparison Chart here :

http://www.milbatteries.com/hawker/comparison/comparison.html

and check with them for the adapter for the 6TL Adaptor for the Optima
battery. Wayne

>From the web:

Tip of the Week

1) VBCP battery prices for FY 2004

NSN and Battery Type Price
6140-01-446-9506 / Type 6TMF 72.21
6140-01-390-1969 / Type 2HN 54.46
6140-01-390-1968 / Type 4HN 80.24

2) MIXING BATTERY TYPES: Remember, if you are replacing older 6TL batteries
with new 6TMF (or 6TLFP) batteries, it is desirable not to mix 6TL with
6TMF/6TLFP in the vehicle/equipment. The older 6TL cases are all green,
including the top. The newer styles 6TLFP and 6TMF have black tops and a
green case or brown case. The reason is that the chemistries are
different.
Bottom line: Its most desirable to have "black tops with black tops" and
"green tops with green tops."