Re: [MV] M35 Parking Brake Stuck

From: Bill Kealey (cwkealey@atlanticbb.net)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 10:07:38 PST

Jarad,
Mine did this last winter during a really cold period. It turned out to
have gotten water in the cable and it froze. I replaced the cable as the
outer casing was cracked and allowed this to happen all winter. No problem
now.

Not knowing where you are located, ice may not be an issue then I would say
rusted cable. I understand some cables have fittings for grease but mine
dosen't so I add oil from time to time at both ends and hope for the best.

Bill Kealey
1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing
MVPA #24623
1954 Willys M38A1 USMC jeep
1972 AM Gen M35A2 USA 2-1/2 ton truck w/winch
1985 TURTLE M105A2 USAF 1-1/2 ton trailer

Good luck with it.