Re: [MV] Sanding and preping MV's

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 19:46:30 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mil-Veh Co." <milveh@sbcglobal.net>

> Maybe sandpaper isn't the most sexy subject in the
> world, but when you are dealing with MV's I think it
> can be a big help if you need to cut fast in a minimal
> time.

Have any of you guys used foam glass to cut paint, tar, oil and what ever
off of any steel surface. I haven't used any on my MV but I have used it a
lot on old cars with nasty paint that would clog up sandpaper. Foam glass
is a glass like insulation used on chilled water piping a lot. Any time we
removed a lot of it from old pipe I would keep it and use it on my old cars.
It is consumed when you rub it on things, so it just cuts anything as it
goes. It does stink like sulfur and will cut you and get in your eyes if
you aren't careful.

It's great at parties too.

Joe Trapp