Re: [MV] Late 30's Audi Convertible on ebay- german staff car?

From: Jim Webster (james.webster@iomartdsl.com)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 12:47:42 PST

Dan Bever wrote:
> Hi list, I stumble across this late 30's Audi Wanderer
> W23 convertible on ebay last night. Thought it might
> be worth bringing to the list attention as this might
> make a potential German Staff Car. I do not know if
> this type of vehicle would have been used by the
> German Armed Forces but I suspect it would have been
> possible. I would like to have it but to many other
> project. Sorry I do not know how to get you a direct
> site, maybe someone else can assist on that. Go to
> Ebay item number #4535576481

Basically yes it was used by the Wehrmacht as a light staff car. Some
may have been used as Kfz 2 as well but I have not be able to locate any
photographic proof of this so far but if you want I'll give it another go.

The long wheelbase 23S was more common (and more interesting) and used
in the Kfz 11 series. Other Wanderers used were the W11, W14 and W21
used in the Kfz 12 series.

Wasn't going to cover this series for another two years but if anyones
interested i'll do the pages.

TTFN
Jim