Re: [MV] Invasion OT

From: 42Ford GPW (ilovejeeps@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 09:08:01 PST

Well, here is what I know:

I am working in a bearing ball plant in Mexico because we closed a plant in
Washington, Indiana because of Chinese competition......not head to head
competition, but government supported,
lower than cost, dumping of their product into the US. But, hey, the US
Government knows of this and is allowing this. Not o mention their currency
not being tied to anything solid!

Even more recently, with our costs of carbon steel going up 85% becuase of
Chinese buying scrap all over the world, the Chinese have even lowered their
costs for the balls they are selling...How ??

Go to ebearing.com and read about the DoD thinking about eliminating the
"domestic content"
requirement on alot of rather special things in the future.

I may wind up seeing alot of you guys in Mexico before too long !

Mike Curtis
1942 GPW(2) 1943 WC-52
1942 MB 1943 WC-56
1944 MB 1951 M37