M813A1 Recovery Operation

From: International Movie Services (ims@telus.net)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 12:23:36 PST

Just thought the group might like to know that we just completed a
successful over the
road recovery of an 813 cargo from Sierra Army Depot, Herlong, California.
Left 0500 Sunday in a USN Chev dually crew cab (EOD equipment body) with
full
toolkits, spares, anything we anticipated to make the move comfortable and
safe.
Fourteen hours on the road, 850 miles over mountain passes 5000feet plus
(stll lots of snow beside the road).
Stayed overnight in Susanville, CA., then cleared through security on to
Sierra the
next morning. 813 had three flat tyres, the usual DRMO forklift demolition
derby damage,
which took hours to fix. Started her up, made it to Grants Pass, Oregon by
Monday night,
then a straight pound up I-5 to Everson, Washington by 1900hrs last night.

Can't clear the border yet as GL hasn't kept their promise to send the
original copy
of the form 97 so now we wait.

Cheers!
Ian