Re: [MV] Military Radio's

From: Buzz (buzz@softcom.net)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 22:03:20 PST

Some one on the armyradios reflector asked about tweaking a MX-6707 for 11Meters
(CB band). I think that he said to tweak the capacitor on the lowest band in
the unit until the SWR came down as low as it'd go. If I remember right he said
that it wasn't perfect but good enough to work.

If you're gonna fool with antennas don't even think about a dip meter it'll take
ya forever.... Go directly to MFJ web page and look at a antenna analyzer.
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/
Next go to Epay and see if you can find a used one,

Years ago there used to be "Ham Radio Outlet" in Burlingame, but they're
probably gone by now.

For the VHF high band I use either a Larsen 5/8 wave vertical whip or I home
brew a 1/2 wave ground plane by gutting a MX-6707.

Buzz