Re: [MV] Pending problematic Tennessee legislation

From: JTravis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Mar 19 2005 - 19:35:14 PST

Sonny,

Notice the part that reads "Creates a Class A misdemeanor for altering
in any way a site or object determined to be a military heritage site or
object without the written approval of the commission and a Class D
felony for a second or subsequent offense." The key words there are "or
OBJECT", which is open to the interpretation of the committee. It's one
of those things that might have the best of intentions, but once in
place it could easily be used to regulate MVs off the road. How would
you like to have to file a formal request to a public committee for
their permission to change your oil, or to paint your duece?

Jay