Re: [MV] Dash Bracket (and other ??), CUCV

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 13:33:10 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Maynard" <mike@wesleyscott.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 10:26 AM
Subject: [MV] Dash Bracket (and other ??), CUCV

> What was the dash bracket for on the CUCV's? I am assuming a radio mount?
> Anyone have any pics they can share as what it was for?

Looks as though something was meant to 'hook' in the one side due to the
shape of the mounting bracket itself, but the only things I've ever seen
mounted on them are the C-2298, C-2298 and C-2742 boxes for use with the
VRC-12 family radios.

> Also did the CUCV not have the rearview mirror on the windshield? Or did
> mine just fall off sometime ago, and has no trace of it now?

Dunno originally, but a few of ours at work had the mirror, and a few
didn't.

> Where did the wires hook up to the rear terminal block on the M1009? Were
> they hidden? Or did they come up through that hole in the floor, and if I
> cant see them they are not there (haven't put a meter on the terminals
yet).

Seems to depend on the year of the vehicle. The 84's I've seen all seem to
all have had the wires run in the passenger compartment and then on up to
the junction block, where 85's and beyond had the wires run under the floor
and up through a hole in the floor beneath the junction-block. That's your
24V bus for the radio gear which would've been mounted on a shelf just above
the junction-block.