Re: [MV] Slightly off topic: military radios and parts needed

From: Buzz (buzz@softcom.net)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 11:03:03 PST

Mike,

1. Yes there is a canvas cover for the RT-524. Pic at:
http://www.softcom.net/users/buzz/524cover.html
but is not for sale. The military stopped using them because the radios got too
hot. When the is just sitting in receive the final tube heaters draw about one
amp of current and have to dissipate 28 watts of heat into the rear of the
chassis. If you leave a radio on for say overnight, It'll be mighty warm come
morning.

2. Bag, Cotton Duck, CW-598GRA/39 5820-00-889-3856

For PRC-25/77 accessories got to:
http://www.softcom.net/users/djstutz/pvtjarheadld.html

Buzz