RE: [MV] Slightly off topic: military radios and parts needed

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 14:34:38 PST

Hi Mike
In answer to your quiz:

1. Yes there was and is a canvas cover for the VRC-46(RT-524) and also
another for the R-442, and a third for the VRC47(RT-524 and R442 both units
under the same canvas cover). The Army stopped using the canvas covers but
there are NSN's for them and you can still find them at shows and some of
the dealers. Jack Tomlin has quite a few RT524/VRC46 covers last tear. The
R-442 covers show up on ebay and shows also. The single VRC-47 cover is
EXTREMELY rare.

2. The canvas carrying bag for the GRA-39 I never see by itself. If you
find a nice one it is ussually with a GRA-39 set. I know where there is one
of those but not sure if he wants to part with it.

Regards
Glenn
MVPA
MTANJ