Small Engine HELP

From: Squirt_Truck (squirt_truck@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 17:37:17 PST

Guys, First, this is not MV related BUT is
Mil-Equipment related....With all the insight that
comes from the participants on the list, someone has
got to know how to help me, or refer me to someone
that can, on this problem.

Problem, 4AO32-3 engine (3kw genset) This is the
little 4 banger with the breaker less ignition. Have
gotten the engine back together, good compression, new
gaskets, and new carb. It runs, BUT...It runs on all
4 cylinders but VERY rough, will walk right across the
concrete. Carry's full load just fine, but spits,
pops, vibrates. Just like timing is off on two of the
cylinders. In fact it runs pretty good on two, much
smoother. (Does not matter which two, 1,3 or 2,4)
I have determined that is is definitely a timing
problem, but how do you adjust the timing between the
electronic modules. I have the -3 manual, and it said
to turn one of the pick-up coils up side down and
reverse the wires. Well that got all 4 cylinders
running, but, man is it rough.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Squirt-Truck