Re: [MV] M151 question

From: International Movie Services (ims@telus.net)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 12:19:04 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mil-Veh Co." <milveh@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 11:41 AM
Subject: [MV] M151 question

> Is there anything on the M151 between the battery (24
> volts) and the electronic distributor like a resistor
> block? My NOS distributor crapped out and won't
> start, no spark...I am running a hot lead right off
> the battery thru a switch to the ignition because I
> had old electrical problems...seems I still got em!
> Real frustrating!

There's a filter capacitor mounted in the body of the distributor accessible
by removing the four screws which retain the threaded fitting you screw the
24V feed line to. I've had a few problems with those on the M151. If you
take it out (make sure you disconnect the wiring under the cap too), take a
look at the point where the wire solders on to the back of the filter
capacitor itself. I've had lots rot right there, resulting in no
connection/intermittent connection/high resistance connection.