Wiring IR Light on M-1009

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 13:08:13 PST

Can someone please tell me the correct wiring for the IR light that is
normally mounted on the HUMVEE? It's like a small spotlight and has two
wires coming out of the rear bottom of the assembly. I am assuming that one
is positive and one is negative but want to make sure BEFORE applying power
and hearing a zap and seeing the dreaded smoke curling up from the melted
assembly!

It could also be that one wire is for a "high beam" and one wire is for a
"low beam" since the base of the mount is in full contact with the metal of
the brush guard and can act very well as a ground???? That really doesn't
make much sense though since the sealed beam only has one element and two
would be required for a duel beam..........

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! I'm trying to get this wired up for this weekends
trip into the woods and would like very much to see how it works in the
field. I do have the proper night vision driving headset to be able to use
it.

Thank you in advance,

Ed