VIRTUAL CONVOY TRAINING

From: bolton8@juno.com
Date: Sat Mar 26 2005 - 06:59:33 PST

GENTLEMEN,
                Received an e-mail from a friend stationed at FT Bragg NC. His MOS
is Airborne Rigger and he's scheduled for deployment to Baghdad before
summer. The Army has just started training soldier's using these
Virtual Combat Convoy Trainers (VCCTs).
See the following URL for link to DEFENSE UPDATE Magazine explaining
them.

         (http://www.defense-update.com/products/c/convoy-trainer.htm)

                David writes: "This is what I got to do yesterday. Pretty cool but not
better than real training. It was a big video game pretty much. Only got
to go through it once."

                Even though his MOS is parachute packer and aircraft loader he is being
deployed out of MOS for convoy driving and protection. I have just made
a phone call to David at FT Bragg for confirmation and yes, he and
other's are being deployed out of their MOS for convoy support.

LANCE
M37 'Time Traveller'