Re: [MVlist] RE: [MV] VIRTUAL CONVOY TRAINING

From: dgrev (dgrev@iinet.net.au)
Date: Sat Mar 26 2005 - 14:39:08 PST

Wayne

> can shoot down the enemy planes while on a mission!! If you get there around
> lunch, they now a English Pub of the 1940 style serving a menu featuring
> bangers-and-mash, shepherd’s pie, fish and chips, sandwiches, salads and
> more. Wayne

That is the first time I have ever seen an American use the correct term
for "chips", normally it gets converted to "fries". "Fish and Fries"
just doesn't sound right.
Apparently the Eighth Air Force museum really takes authenticity to
heart - good to see. Do the chips have a cross section of at least
1cm (1/2 inch) or are they actually using fries?

By the way, this may or may not be an English "bent", but if you
really want to get into your Fish and Chips you need plenty of
vinegar: for the masochists, you can also add Worshestershire
Sauce (also known as Hot Sauce), but only to the chips.

The more refined squeeze fresh lemons over the meal and forego the
vinegar and hot sauce.

You can really sort out the crowd by those who like their chips
cooked "crisp" (appears to be an unknown concept with fries) or
those who like the chips soft.

Regards
Doug
Mightily disappointed after having tasted "genuine" English
seaside Fish and Chips in Digby, England, althought the Sea
Gulls didn't seem to care. Much prefer our
colonial variety in Australia - cooked by a Greek of course!