Re: [MV] Pictures of the M108

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 07:40:54 PST

At 10:25 AM -0500 3/28/05, m35products wrote:
>"Avec" the CDL, mon frere. Even though it is based loosely on the M44
>chassis, you will find that its frame, and therefore its GVW, are heavier.

Well, if it's not used commercially, it won't need the CDL per the Feds. I had a nice conversation with a FMCSA pooba in DC who's over our local Atlanta chap. I was checking to be sure that a change in Georgia's laws on CDL requirements wouldn't cause problems for them and he was quite clear about the federal requirement. It's use based, not equipment based when determining the need for a CDL.

Your state laws of course may say differently, but the Feds say, if you're not using it commercially (for a business) then it don't need no stinkin CDL.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -