RE: [MV] "multifuel" engines: actual experiences?

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 16:56:19 PST

The alternatives are probably not much cheaper, but I mixed cooking oil with
diesel last summer (it has to stay warm..not a problem for you, I'm sure) in
a ratio of about 2 gallons oil to 15-20 gallons diesel. I did not notice any
difference in performance.
I have collected some 25 gallons of used cooking oil (which was free), which
I'll run through a 5 micron filter and then mix with the diesel.
I'm not sure about biodiesel, tried making a small batch but don't really
know what I ended up with.
I will buy some commercial B100 biodiesel for the trip to Aberdeen in May.
If the weather permits, cooking oil plus diesel will also be used.
Experiment with store bought cooking oil and see for yourself.

Bjorn
MVPA19212
Meadows of Dan, Virginia