Re: [MV] Anti-GL site - Nuther gripe

From: l51940@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 15:51:01 PST

Sonny, My point is that the prices that are bid for trucks on GL are
excessive due to bidding by people who are clueless or are caught up in
auction fever. Add to the bid price are the costs to travel to look at
the possible purchase, the trucking costs to get it home and the
unknown cost to repair whatever (hope its not the multi piece
crankshaft).

Consider the BS of dealing with GL, the worry of winning a bid on a
truck thats not the same one thats in the picture, or hoping that
someone hasn't removed the winch or some other component since you've
looked at the truck, these are additional mental costs.

The after-after market is full of military trucks. People come up to
me all the time about some army truck that they saw locally for sale.
Privately owned trucks can be tested and driven and usually driven home
and mostly at reasonable prices. Dealers also have a large number of
vehicles available. Some are quite reasonable. Teds Trucks and Stuff
currently has a real nice looking deuce for $5,500.00.

The way things are currently going at GL, $5,500.00 won't get you
nearly as much.....

...and that was my point, as fast as I could type it.

Dave McConnell