M151 Question - Need UR Help Again! : (

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 19:39:27 PDT

Is there any way to check the coil or the capacitor on
the distibutor with an ohm meter or ?

Reason for asking is, I am having trouble determining
if either of these items is defective as my NOS
electronic dist. just crapped out on me. Can't get
fire to the plugs again! Totally dead at the plug
end, NOS wires, NOS cap, NOS everything!!!!

1. Got a direct connect from bat. to NOS switch right
to dist.
2. Got 24v showing going in and 24v where capacitor
connects to the + side of the coil.

Maybe voltage is screwed up somehow if that capacitor
is defective?

3. I think the capacitor works the same as a resistor
right?

Really frustrating....had carb and electrical problems
up the kazoo with this Mutt.

TIA! Jack