Rocket launching WC-51's

From: chris case (chriscase@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 07:51:13 PDT

I have an old veteran friend who served in the Philippines WWII. He was a
Lt in USA corp. of rocket launching trucks. When the battle conditions on
the islands made the rockets impractical/unnecessary, they were re-assigned
to use their trucks for prisoner transport. I don't know the model of
trucks he was issued, Dodges may have been easier to load being lower, with
2 1/2t for bulk transport? I'll ask him next time I see him.