Re: [MV] alternate fuels

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 14:43:32 PDT

There are several station in Indiana that have been selling biodiesel
for about 20 cents more per gallon that regular diesel. For some reason
  most of the stations are near Richmond, IN.

We have a lot of soy beans in Indiana and their are a few oil recovery
plants here also.

Now if I could just figure how to run my M51 dump on shelled corn, then
I would have something. The fuel hopper is already be built in! (:->)

I can see it now...... Yes, I would like 5 tons of regular grade whole
kernel low moisture ..

Mileage could be in miles per bushel... who knows..

Just need to figure out someway to gassify the corn, and pipe it to the
mixer. I suppose if you could gassify corn, soybeans and coal would
work also.

Dave