Re: [MV] M151A2 electrical problem

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 04:07:26 PDT

I second that. The newer flasher units aren't designed like they were during
the 60's. I have taken several apart and discovered that first hand. They
fail apparently because the power transistor can't handle the inrush current
from the cold filaments, especially when you add a trailer with extra
lights.
The old units could handle an overload to the point that the circuit breaker
would trip. They used an SCR in the circuit.

Turn signals are important in any kind of traffic and I keep a couple of
extras in my deuce.

Bjorn
MVPA 19212
Meadows of Dan, Virginia