I have two half tracks -- yee haw

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 20:10:14 PDT

Well it's official. I picked up the second of my two half tracks. Half is
about what they are too. But that's ok with me.

I have a couple of questions for those with answers. Both have M15A1 ****
above the drivers front tire on the frame. There is a M15A1 at Ft. Jackson
and it has the same M15A1 and four numbers behind it too. Are these
vehicles former M15A1's? No plate on the dash, but the cab is laid out with
the same back wall the M15A1 at Ft. Jackson has.

Also does anyone know anything about Southern Parts co. at 1268 No. Seventh
St. in Memphis Tenn. The complete engine in one of the vehicles has a
rebuild tag from them and it says at the bottom "world largest distributor
of half track vehicles and parts". I think the two half tracks in Seco's
yard had the same tags on them.

I find it too much of a coincidence that the two half tracks at Seco have
this dealers tags and tar all over them and this vehicle I have has the same
dealer tag and tar all over it. Everything is painted black too. Any
theories?

Joe Trapp
www.joetrapp.com
www.m3a1scoutcar.com