Re: [MV] I have two half tracks -- yee haw

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 04:11:46 PDT

Joe - years ago Southern Parts had dozens upon dozens of half tracks and
scout cars, -- piled outside were hundreds of rolls of tracks. Last time I
was there they only had part of one half track inside on display. There are
lots of stories about the company, and all I have heard are mostly good
things.. I have no idea if they are still operating - I have not been by
there in 4 ior 5 years. I have been told that they bought all of these they
could find when military started disposing of them. Most of the were new,
some sat outside so long that they had to have lots of work done on them to
get them in conditon to operate. Many rolls of tracks had sat in sunlight
until water got to wire core and they became worthless. They also had rolls
of steel tracks that rusted so much they could not be unrolled
 You wrote that rebuild tag said ""world largest distributor
> of half track vehicles and parts". ""

I have not seen other distributors but they had warehouse bigger than
football field full of parts, and many large items outside.

Everette