eBay tale of woe....

From: Michael S. Nichols (m.s.nichols@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 19:18:50 PDT

Hello fellow listees,

I thought I would share my tale of eBay woe with you all, in the hopes that
you will not make the same mistakes. In early Feb of this year I listed my
M151A2 repro body for sale on Ebay, and the sale closed on 17 Feb 05. The
purchaser had 15 days to remove the M151 body from my property. Well, here
it is 6 April, and the 500 lb steel body now sits outside my enclosed shop
in my back yard to the delight of my neighbors here in the Emory University
neighborhood. The purchaser did attempt to trailer it home within the 15
days, but the trailer he brought from Columbia SC was too wide for my
driveway. On the bright side of things, I did get all but $125 of my sale
price that fateful day in cash. So what did I do wrong? I neglected to
state anything in my EBay listing about a per diem storage fee if the body
was not removed promptly within the 15 day period. I also neglected to
state a consequence in my Ebay listing if the body was not removed by a
certain date.

The purchaser assures me that he will pick it up "soon", and pay me the
remaining $125 at that time. However, he has not jumped at my suggestion
offered a month ago that he rent a proper sized trailer and come and get
this item ASAP. I am beginning to feel a bit put upon........Any
suggestions from the list? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Mike Nichols
1972 M151A2 Project vehicle
Repro A2 body to be used as a tomato planter