Cost of petrol tax in Sweden, anyone?

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 11:24:15 PDT

A friend of mine was reading a popular Swedish
newspaper and a lead story on the high cost of fuel
blamed only one country (the USA of course) for
Swedens $6 a gallon fuel cost.

I was wondering if anyone on our list knew how much
[tax] was including in Sweden's fuel cost, also UK's
tax, just for comparison? I think the UK is paying
almost $6 a gallon too.

Seems to me that USA does impact the supply demand
ratio and that does impact the price, guilty there,
but then WE DO pay the same [spot price] for crude
that everyone else pays, so is it [totally] our fault
that Sweden pays $6 at the pump or is more it their
government for adding on the high taxes?

Kinda tired of the U.S.A. being the world's whipping
boy when things go wrong.

Thanks in advance for the info.