Re: [MV] Does Jet fuel harm Diesel Engines?

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 19:29:01 PDT

To make is possible for me to sleep in dry and eat regular, in addition to
being talk show host I repair steam/cleaners pressure washers - 99% of the
oil fired units use a fuel pump like is used in oil fired home heating
units, a gear drive pump - I have noticed in the last many years I have been
doing this work that there are more pumps that fail using kerosene than fail
with diesel - this is pumps that appear to fail from wear and not as most do
from having something other than fuel poured in fuel tank - water,
detergent, etc.

And I have also noticed that if the units get a fuel additive used in them
life is longer.

Most common thing that kills fuel pump is the fellow who is in a hurry and
does not check fuel before he starts and it runs out of fuel then he grabs
first container he sees and gets more fuel - what ever was in container
before he adds fuel gets poured in tank also - no complaints from me - if
all my customers were perfect it would have a negative effect on my
income....