Re: [MV] CUCV Diff Fluid

From: Bob Ternes (racecadet@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 09:28:35 PDT

Hi Chris,

I assume you're talking about the rear Corporate
14 bolt axle, and not the front 60 found in the
5/4 ton CUCV's or the 10bolt in the M1009's? If
so, then no, the stock cover has no fillplug.
There is a fill plug in the fore-aft middle of
the casting, just about where the pinion would
mesh with the ring.

>From memory, I think it's a 3/8" square drive
(use your ratchet extension) but it's been a
while since I've drained one... usually my oil
removal on those axles is while it wafts off
during preheat for welding. ;)

Here, I found a pic.

http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com/drivetrains.html

Cheers