Re: [MV] Interesting tid bits about British military inventions

From: Convoy Magazine (convoymagazine@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 13:17:35 PDT

Uh boy, yer gonna get it ;-) teehee

Actually I kinda think the Mosquito was the best
fighter, arguably THE fastest prop plane, could carry
almost as much payload as the venerated B-17 but with
a two man crew and twice as fast. Dozens ofsuccessful
variants.. and I guess Brit design

HOWEVER, as for radio, please realize that Canadian
Reginald Fessenden was the first to successfully
create what we know as radio..a voice transmission
without wires..
Fessendan also invented the fathometer and a couple
other things and was granted

Marconi was a great businessman and was, if Im not
mistaken successfully sued by Tesla(?) for
infringement of his patents amongst others..His theory
on sound waves was incorrect and he was still using
Morse when Fessenden was successfully sending voice
and music!

Marc-2 or Mk-II if you will