RE: [MV] Multifuel turbo's?

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 14:21:39 PDT

The two turbo's are different in size. They are both Schnitzers, but the one on the 5 ton LDS-465 is about half again bigger in terms of air through-put. It seems to me that the one on the deuce is 350 cfm and the one on the 5 ton is around 550 cfm.

These numbers are totally from memory, but you can look at the turbos and tell the 5 ton unit is physically bigger.

My five ton M54A2 with the LDS-465 was substantially quieter than my M35's with the LDT-465. I never knew why, but if I could figure it out, I would like to use that trick to quiet down my deuces.

Joe Garrett