update -- ATF added to fuel

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 18:41:49 PDT

Friend of mine sent this to me about ATF

he wrote

this might be a no-no, the old ATF was a liquid, the new Mercon Dextron has
teflon particles in it which will grind down the innards on a pump. It
won't really hurt the old style pumps but on the new direct injected
engines like the Cat and Powerstroke which are built at VERY close
tolerances it will put a hurt on them. I have seen this with a CAT. A old
contrary customer made me fill up a filter on a new truck with it and I
almost made it out far enough to shut the shop door before it broke the
input shaft to the pump.